Tuesday, May 16, 2006

A tale of 2 Keyboards-Mine...

I have recently been entertaining the idea of actually playing keyboard at simchas. Right now I am strictly a vocalist and I play only as a hobby. It would require a bit more practice and a better keyboard. I have owned a PSR-730 for5 plus years. It's pretty user friendly and it has speakers and works on batteries if necessary. The sounds may not be quite professional grade so I decided see what I could find. I was looking for a great sounding keyboard that could also be used as a one-man band ( for those bar mitzvah gigs). I settled on a Korg I 30 which is difficult to find and I got a fantastic buy not to mention that the guy sold it to me with a hard case too! My next step is to find a great keyboard amp that's good for vocals. The problem is I would prefer to have an all-in-one. The problem singers have with one man bands is some don't have effetcs with thier gear since some just play. If yo sing with no effects the sound is very dry and dull. Reverb and delay help bring out a nice sound. The problem is there are few keyboard amps that include all of these in one package. One of the most commonly used keyboard amps on the Jewish music scene was the duovox. The sound was ok the reverb so so but they were heavy! I'm looking ast these new amps by Alesis look somewhat promising. It's very tough to find an amp that's relatively light and has quality sound with reverb in one amp. The search is on!

No comments: