Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Stuffy Noses: Remedies that work

I seem to have a stuffy nose the problem is I'm not sure of the cause. Is it an allergy or simply a cold of some type. In any event what is the best remedy for a cold? Some strange ideas I've seen:

Ingredients: 1/3 Cup Jalepeno Pepper Juice
2 Tablespoons Chili Powder
A big glob of Horse raddish
A pich of Salt
Butter **USED SEPERATLEY**
Instructions: Add all the Ingredients (EXCEPT THE BUTTER) in a small to medium sized sauce pan and Fill the rest with water. Let it come to a rolling boil. Put the pan on the table make a tent over your face with a Towel and inhale deeply untill the steam is gone. The smear Butter inbetween your eyes and let it sit for 5 minutes. It smells absolutley wretched but it not only clears out your sinuses at that time but it will keep them clear for a few hours to come. Trust me on this one people. I have been a certified hippie for 31 years.

I just tried inhaling steam and that seemed to do the trick. If it that doesn't work I can always try squirting salt water up my nose but I'm not looking forward to it.

What have you used that works?

No comments: