Friday, November 20, 2009

Win an IPOD Touch: Sing Shea Rubenstein's Song!

Announcing the Window In Heaven Contest We want to hear your version!

Send in your best recording of your very own "Window in Heaven" clip
&The winner receives an iPod Touch!!!!

Download the "Window in Heaven" music here
http://www.divshare.com/download/9425715-137

Shea Rubenstein's Version

JMDerech's Version

For questions or to send all entries, email jmderech@gmail.com
Entries due by the last night of Chanukah - December 19th.

NOTE for Beginners: Download the Audacity program here and import the Window In Heaven music into audacity and start recording your voice over it!

Lyrics:
Early days of younger years,
Full of childrens' joys and fears,
Whether school or home, always felt alone,
In a way, what's a child to do?

Days and months went rushing by,
Bar Mitzvah in a suit and tie,
And my loss still there, much too deep to share,
In a way, what's a child to do?

But I know, you were there the whole time,
Looking down, from a window in heaven,
And your touch, like the gentlest breeze,
Saying, I will remember you son

Even though you could not shake my hand,
You looked down from a window in heaven,
And your touch, like the whisper of wings,
Saying, I will be there for you son, in a way

Milestones of life flew by,
Couldn't help but wonder why,
You had to go away, I never heard you say, "oh my son",
What's a child to do?

At the Chupa we stood as one,
Being watched by everyone,
And the tears that flow, both joy and sorrow,
For the One, who's not here with me now

But I know, you were there the whole time,
Through each step you were guiding me forward,
And your touch, like a breath of fresh air,
Saying, I'll always love you my son

Even though you could not walk me down,
I could tell you were standing beside me,
And your touch, like the wisdom of old,
Saying, I am so proud of you son, in a way

Now I hold him tenderly,
My baby son, for all to see,
I am overcome, by my actions done, today
What's a child to do?

My son will bear your name with pride,
Holding Zeide's torch inside,
And the part of me, which was so empty,
Is now full, as I reach out to you

And I know you were there the whole time,
Looking down, from your place in Shomayim,
And your touch, like a magical spell,
Is embracing me tightly right now

Even though he was not on your knees,
You were here, on a visit from heaven,
And your touch, like the sweetest of wine; saying
There'll always be, a part of me, in you my son

Brought to you by JM Derech

No comments: