Work has been pretty busy so I haven't posted for a bit. I'd thought about sharing some of the things I enjoy about living in Houston Texas and perhaps why it's better than NY (at least for me).
1) Lower cost of living: Housing is certainly more affordable and so is gasoline
2) Community: Where everybody knows your name: People invite you for shabbos meals etc.
3) Speeding and parking ticket ratio: the chances of getting either are greatly decreased thanks to
no quotas for either in the state
4) No state income tax
5) Politeness factor: Let's face it southerners tend to be more polite
6) No honking: few if anyone will honk at you if you don't speed away as soon as the light turns green.
These are just a few but there will be more to come...