Thursday, August 13, 2009

Shocking News: Tragic Car Accident In Catskills!

Matzav.com is reporting on a horrible tragedy that is really personal to me. 5 yr old Dovi Levitan A"H was on Old Falls Road outside of Camp Morris in Woodridge, NY when he was struck and killed by a truck last night.

Dovi was a son of R’ Shmuli and Mrs. Chumie Levitan of Lakewood, NJ. R’ Shmuli is a son of Rav Chaim Zev and Mrs. Rochel Levitan of Monsey, NY, rov of Khal Bais Yosef Meir on Olympia Lane in Monsey. Mrs. Chumie Levitan is a daughter of Rav Moshe and Mrs. Miriam Scheinerman, rov of Kehillas V’Kollel Bnei Hayeshivos of Flatbush.

This is a truly devastating loss and I'm deeply saddened by this story. I actually had the zechus of having Rabbi Zev Levitan as a Rebbe ( the grandfather). The bizzare twist for me is that I also had learned with Rabbi Scheinerman as well. This was a real tragic way to learn that these great talmidai chachamim had become family. My heart goes out to the families : Hamokom Yenachem eschem besoch shaar avalei tziyon veyerushalayim. I'm at a loss for words here...

No comments: