Monday, April 27, 2009

Living as a Jew In Texas Part 2

It's certainly been a life changing event moving from NY to Texas. Now that Passover is over and I just got back from NY (staying by the in-laws for passover) I can start focusing on the important things like buying a toaster. Slowly but surely I'm getting the hang of things here. As a newcomer you have the obvious questions: Where can I get kosher food? What time is shachris? Where is the mikvah? Then you have the sub categories: Where can I get pareve chocolate chips? Where are all the shuls located? Where can I tovel my utensils? et cetra... Fortunately I'm learning the answers to these questions and much more. I'm looking forward to finding out all the town secret handshakes and hideouts in the near future.

1 comment:

David Berger said...

Good luck and welcome back!