Monday, February 25, 2008

I Have FATTY LIVER!!!

Well I recently went to the doctor and was diagnosed with fatty liver. After a sonogram of my liver my radiologists concurred with my doctor's diagnosis. I got a second opinion which agreed with the first radiologists so short of a biopsy I can assume I have this problem. What is Fatty Liver you ask? Fatty Liver is (also known as steatorrhoeic hepatosis or steatosis hepatis) is a condition were large vacuoles of triglyceride fat accumulate in liver cells via the process of steatosis.
My problem is I'm not obese or a drinker or have any symptoms of hepatitis so this is all a big surprise. I'm learning that one of the big reasons for having Fatty Liver is "High Fructose Corn Syrup". After reading things like this all I can say is stay away from this stuff. Fortunately HFCS is not as cheap as it was due to corn being used for things like fuel. We got rid of Trans fat, lets do away with HFCS!

No comments: