Tuesday, December 25, 2007

JDL Goes After Will Smith

The JDL is slamming Will Smith after comments he made stating "Even Hitler didn't wake up going, Let me do the most evil thing I can do today,I think he woke up in the morning and using a twisted, backwards logic, he set out to do what he thought was 'good." The JDL has condemned his remarks as "ignorant, detestable and offensive" and urged theaters to pull Mr. Smith's new movie, I Am Legend. As you can imagine this is not the kind of PR Mr. Smith was looking for as he released his latest big hit film. He was angered by what he felt was a misinterpretation of his words:

"It is an awful and disgusting lie," Smith said in a statement Monday provided by his publicist. "It speaks to the dangerous power of an ignorant person with a pen. I am incensed and infuriated to have to respond to such ludicrous misinterpretation.""Adolf Hitler was a vile, heinous vicious killer responsible for one of the greatest acts of evil committed on this planet," read the statement.

1 comment:

Carah said...

I think thats the scary part - Hitler was doing what he thought was good.

Some of the biggest mistakes in history were done because of the one person's ignorance or misguidedness.

I don't think Will Smith is out of line at all. I intend to see this film. I think we should all see it before we start slamming Will Smith, who clearly is not an anti-Semite.