Tuesday, December 12, 2006

The Bris or Bar- Mitzvah?

I wasn't able to post yesterday since it was our sons bris and everything B"H went pretty smoothly. Rabbi Paysach Krohn officiated as mohel and we were also happy to see some big rabbanim that were able to make it ( that were not expected to show). This is the first boy in our family and I noticed something interesting. The man of the show is really our "little man" but he couldn't shake anybodies hand so I did all the handshaking. Listening to all the brochos and mazal tovs I felt like it was my bar-mitzvah. People giving us presents and envelopes it certainly reminded me of that time in my life. If there had been a band, it might have felt like a wedding.

2 comments:

Ariella's blog said...

Mazel tov. My son's bris was on Shabbos, so no one was handing us envelops on the spot. In fact, not too many gave envelops after. It would have been nice if they did ;-) In a couple of months we'll be up for his bar mitzvah, which will also be on Shabbos. I'm still not 100% sure I'll do a melave malka afterwards to allow for music.

BTW are you keeping your son's name a secret?

AS said...

Yes for a variety of reasons:)