Monday, June 19, 2006

Car horn problem turned into something much more...

I'm the owner of a 2003 Mitsubishi Galant. When I bought the car the person who sold it said the horn needed to be fixed but the car had an extended warranty. Regardless it's just a horn so how expensive could it be to fix. I took it to a mechanic who seemingly fixed it. the problem started up again and the horn got stuck until you slammed your fist on it. Even after that it would go off by itself after a couple of hours: our neighbors loved us! I took it to another mechanic who told me that the horn and the airbag were ONE UNIT. If I wanted the madness to stop I would have to replace the whole thing which the part alone from the dealer would run 6-$700! Well thank goodness for Ebay. I bought the unit for 55 bucks and I even got the passenger airbag ( which I don't even need. Now I just have to pay to install it and hope it works well.

No comments: