Sunday, October 16, 2005

Going though Sukkot without the Succah..

Well it's that time of year again. When we leave our houses for a more spiritual temporary dwelling: the Succah. Then the dilemma begins, do I put up a succah? I'll be spending the first days at my parents and the second days with my in-laws. That just leaves Chol Hamoed and Shabbos.

Shabbos was the real kicker since I certainly didn't feel like shleping out to anyone if I could avoid it. I did not however, feel like imposing on anyone and ask if I could eat in their succah. The shul had made an announcement for people who did not have a succah for shabbos and would be looking for meal etc.. I did not feel like eating by people I didn't know ( kashrut problems not withstanding).This past shabbos I was walking home with a fellow I had come to know. He lived near my neck of the woods which is still underpopulated in comparison to other areas of my town. As we walked home from shul I asked what his plans for Sukkot were and he asked me. I told him my dilemma about shabbos and he said he wasn't sure he would be around but would contact me if he would be. I figured if he wasn't I could use his succah and assumed that's what he meant. Well to my surprise he called me today to invite my family over for both shabbos meals (shalosh shudos I would fend for myself)! If you want to get some idea of what it looks like to put a succh check out psychotoddler.
Filed under:,,,

1 comment:

PsychoToddler said...

I'd invite you over but it might be a bit of a walk.