Sunday, September 18, 2005

Prayer and the mitzvah of Bris Milah...

My wife and I were invited to a bris in Brooklyn today. Needless to say it's a major shlep having to come in from the Island but it is a close friend of hers. I remember something I heard Rabbi Peasach Krohn said at a bris of a friend of mine who at the time was having a double header bris (AKA twin boys). Rabbi Krohn had given a short speech before performing the bris. He said that when the child cries it's voice goes straight up to the gates of heaven where hashem receives them. Any prayer therefore that is said during this time will go up along with it. In other words I assume it's what we might call Ais rotzon. In other words a time when G-D is more open to our prayers (he's closer). I had in mind for the usual things for my family health, success, sustenance etc. . Afterwards at the meal, I met a friend of mine who asked me to try out for a position at a shul to lead the shachris during Rosh Hashona. Who knows?

No comments: