Thursday, April 28, 2005

I don't do this often but.....

I generally don't write about my peronal life much but I just felt like
sharing this: my davening shachris this morning.
I come into shul on time....
I'm davening and the I notice some guy in the back chewing gum
while he davens. I wanted to go back there and ring his neck.
It's bad enough people suck on candy on shabbos during davening,
but during the week at shachris?! Then the gabbai comes over
and asks me to daven shachris starting from yishtabach. I said
"if you really don't have anyone else." "I don't have anyone else",he replied. O.k. so I'm stuck with davening for the amud but at least this way I'm in charge of how slow or fast we go. Being that they dragged it the other day I decided to keep the davening going at a decent pace not too fast or slow. No chazzanos or nothing. We get to Hallel and I'm wondering ....
can I get away with a tune somewhere? I decided rather than get people angry I'll move through it, even though I was very tempted. I generally don't daven during the week. It's usually on shabbos or yom Tov.for some reason I'm one of the few people that can Daven with some sort of nusach in this shul which really boggles me. OK, so I sing professionally but please why can't there be a couple of qualified balai Tefela here? Oh well...

No comments: