Tuesday, January 11, 2005

You can never be too careful!

This story is quite scary. Evidently there was a shooting practically a 1/2 mile from where I live. The cops have ruled it out basically as a random shooting. The victim James Gotlieb was a branch manager at an HSBC bank in Ceaderhurst. The scumbag was posing as a cop and the rest is history. This story reminds me that no matter how safe you think you are you must always be aware of your surroundings. There was a similar situation which took place a couple of years ago in my parents neighborhood. A fellow by the name of Raplh Hertzka (as it turns out I sang an acapella job for his son's bar-mitzvah and a sheva brochos years later)owner of a Meridian was shot in broad daylight on a Yom Tov (not sure which one). I guess the banking industry could get very scary sometimes.

No comments: